Sunday, August 22, 2010

A New Work Begins

So I am inspired by my friend, Melissa, to begin a blog. I have always journaled my thoughts. Still, the idea of posting them on the web for all the world to see is somewhat daunting. But what if I really do have something to say? What if my sharing could help someone else? Isn't life really about sharing our experiences so that we help each other?

In an unusual move for me this is a spur of the moment decision. I usually ponder for a long time before making a decision to do something. I consider ALL the angles, pros and cons and weigh every consequence. Not so this time. I love to write. I have dreamed of writing something that might encourage someone. So why not now?

I had no idea what to call my blog, so as I worked through the "create-your-own-blog-for dummies" template I randomly chose "A Work in Progress" and moved on to the next step. Then my mind started pulling in the idea that I am the work in progress. Aren't we all? Why couldn't a continuing blog about the work that God is doing in me and my responses to it be called "A Work in Progress"? Then I had to choose a URL, something I know nothing so I clicked on the "more-info-for-dummies" tab and realized that whatever I chose should in some way be related to the title of my blog. So I decided to go with it and immediately Philippians 1:6 came to my mind,     
"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." (NLT)
After fooling around with a few variations on that theme for a URL I was reminded of a song that I used to remind my husband of to encourage him. It is called "Believing for the Best in You" and was recorded in the mid 1980"s by Michael and Stormie Omartian. The idea of that song is that, in spite of how down on ourselves we might get, God is still at work. "You've got Jesus in your heart and you love him so, and that's all I need to know, all I need to know. I'm believing for the best in you." I decided that would be my URL. 

We are all works in progress and I am confident that the good work He has begun in you and in me will be completed because He is faithful! 
Enjoying the journey with you,

Cathleen

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! You've posted a wonderful start...something we all need to remember. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cathleen, I enjoyed your blog.It is so reassuring to know that Jesus is always at work in us! Thanks for your thoughts! Nancy Key

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I didn't expect any so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad to see you're blogging now! You have a lot to say and share. Praying the Lord will use this space to reach out to many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy sharing your heart Cathleen. Welcome to the blogesphere! Great start!
    I use to have a face cloth that my mom gave me as a little girl that said, "Be patient, God isn't finished with me yet." And that is what your title reminded me of. Have a blessed time with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathleen, you have my attention. I loved your fresh start. I just know the Lord is going to use you to reach out to me. You are a new blogger and I a new Christian. I look forward to hearing how the Lord works in you and will be reaching out to me through you. If that makes sense. God Bless.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! I started a blog in January and have enjoyed it! Go with God!!!

    ReplyDelete