Friday, January 13, 2012

New

At this time of year everyone is thinking new. January means a new year, reflection on the year that's past and hope for the year to come. I've probably shared one of my favorite quotes before, but it bears repeating. It's from "Anne of Green Gables": Every day is fresh, with no mistakes in it." I love that! I expect that's why most of us love the New Year.

But with every new venture there is also an element of discomfort. We don't know what to expect. We may have to learn something that stretches us. We may feel foolish as we make mistakes. We may face unexpected challenges. We may face unwanted circumstances out of our control.

As exciting as new is, it helps to keep in mind that new also brings the unfamiliar. Yet, the unfamiliar ALWAYS brings growth. As I share this with you from my new smartphone, I realize how even a new piece of inanimate technology can widen my world and cause me to extend my reach. You will probably hear from me more consistently since I can blog on the go.

I look forward to sharing more time with you as I continue to stretch and grow. Why don't you come along, dear one?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment